A driveway provider in Southampton warns potential customers of potential scams on paving.
Scammers are targeting residences and offering paving services for a cheap price. However, this trend had been happening since time immemorial where bogus companies try to lure potential customers.
Consumers must be highly cautious when engaging in a contract for a driveway repair or makeover according to Southampton Driveways and Patio Pro. Never make bad decisions and judgements.
How do you know that you are dealing with a pretentious contractor?
Beware of scammers!
Different signs of scams:
- Unable to provide a contract. After a long talk, given that you were convinced when the signing of the contract will take off, there’s not a piece of paper to show. These kinds of people who always talk a lot but have nothing to present are bogus. Don’t be fooled by flowery words.
- Suspiciously cheap offers. We know that prices drop at certain times, but it doesn’t mean they spiral downwards. Legit prices are never too low unless they want their service for free. Besides, construction materials are quite pricey this time due to the recent resurgent of businesses and supplies. Very low rates are doubtful.
- Convincing but not convincing enough. A little dubious in behaviour. It is the salesman’s nature to be pushy but not trying hard. If they insist on their merchandise after many NOs on your part, you bet it is not a genuine paver provider. Because an honest seller will let you sit down and discuss things and make proper assessments for your property. Reputable contractors would even send their written estimation in a week.
- Asks for upfront. It is very rare for legit businesses to ask for upfront. If there is, careful assessment has already been penned and studied, and its release would take some time. What they stipulate contain no hidden fees. This is mostly the reason why customers get scammed. After believing in the flowery talk, sales representatives would surprisingly ask for an advance or include unscrupulous details on the offer. Never deal with this kind of people. Once they have your cash, you will never see them again, ever.
- Going door to door. It is an old way to go door to door. Modern salesmen never offer their merchandise that way anymore. Besides, what they offer are services, not products. It is easier to sell products by the knock on the door if the item is already on hand. But a service like home improvement is different merchandise. Plus, websites and social media are already a thing! If people are searching for driveway companies, they would rather look up the Internet instead of the old school yellow pages.
- No service truck in tow. Official trucks or cars speak for a legit company. Make careful research of the company, ask for telephone numbers, get the physical address, and if possible talk to a live customer representative over the phone to ensure you are dealing with a genuine company.
- Shoddy works. You may not immediately hint that the people you deal with are scammers if they have the complete equipment and workmen. But look at their work if it passes quality. Poor workmanship can easily be seen if the paving crumbles after rain or a few passes from your vehicle, or a very shallow surface.
Reputable contractors will never present themselves as con men. More often, customers make queries online and seek them according to what the company can offer.
If a customer wants to begin a paving project, do a makeover driveway, he will ask for recommendations from driveway companies with good backgrounds and have a proven track record in their place.
If someone shows up and says they are going to give you some super good deal offer, say NO.
Investigate who you are dealing with. If you are keen on getting a new paving project for your home improvement, visit https://www.southamptondrivewaypro.co.uk/ and look for the best offers. More often, they post their promos there and you will get to see the list of services they have.
For more helpful tips on getting the best driveway and patio, call Southampton Driveway and Patio Pro. They will be more than happy to help.